cc-ca - [Cc-ca] Creative Commons on CBC/Radio Canada?

cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Canada

  • From: Marcus Bornfreund <marcus AT law-share.net>
  • To: philippa lawson <plawson AT uottawa.ca>, Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • Cc: cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-ca] Creative Commons on CBC/Radio Canada?
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:35 -0400

Hi all - this is an important and timely issue and I couldn't agree more. I have discussed the subject with legal counsel for CBC generally and previously had reached an agreement whereby the CC licence generator would be integrated into the ZeD website. However, I am sorry to report that neither initiative has gone forward. CBC maintains a general aversion to the suggestion of open access and ZeD has reneged on the deal.

Creative Commons Canada is now in the process of renewing its strategy to encourage CBC to adopt an open access model for its content. Strengthened by recent public consciousness of the benefits of open access and the BBC's example, I hope that we will prove to be persuasive in the near future.

Updates will be posted to both the Creative Commons Canada website and this list.

/Marcus