cc-ca - Re: [Cc-ca] Re: cc|ca honoured by CBC Radio 3 [signed]

cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Canada

  • From: Russell McOrmond <russell AT flora.ca>
  • To: Creative Common Canada <cc-ca AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-ca] Re: cc|ca honoured by CBC Radio 3 [signed]
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:40:46 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, philippa lawson [c] wrote:

> SO cool! Nice going, Marcus! We'll link this to our site.

This is great to hear! The more visability the better!

Quick off-topic comment -- from my perspective Creative Commons wasn't
explained well on that site. Free Software and Creating Commons are not
about "nobody owning things" and "nobody making money". It is about
changing the social and legal rules to accept and support a full spectrum
of motivations for creativity, including a full spectrum of business
models for making money. FLOSS is BIG MONEY these days, with it being
seen by much of the IT sector as the only way to do a necessary market
correction that the government is unwilling (or unable due to not
understanding IT?) to properly deal with.

Just my thoughts anyway...

Happy Hacking, Eh! http://www.digital-copyright.ca/blog/2 (My BLOG)
Sign the Petition Users' Rights! http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/