cc-br - Re: [cc-br] Apresentação

cc-br AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons Brazil

  • From: "Pablo Cerdeira - (PCC)" <pcc AT mmso.com.br>
  • To: <cc-br AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-br] Apresentação
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:59:16 -0300

Dear Omar,

I know that, but both the CC Licence and GPL works with Intellectual
Properties and, to be more specific, "Authorial Law". So, we can use the same
background knowledge to create a CC Licence to Brazil.
To us, in Brazil, both softwares and musics are protected by the same law,
(I know, there are a Software Law here, but it uses the same principles of
the music and text protections). I'm not talking about merging CC with GPL,
but to use our experience to protect softwares to protect any other kind of
immaterial product, as musics, texts, etc.
We just have our first draft?

Best regs.,
Pablo

>>> "Omar Kaminski" <omar AT kaminski.adv.br> 07/16 3:16 pm >>>
Dear Pablo,

According to what Lessig told us in Rio, we shouldn't merge GPL with CC, the
main idea is different.

Regards,

Omar