cc-be - [Cc-be] Re: Auvibel tax and SABAM-affiliated artists

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: "Ann Kermans" <ake AT kamer.cdenv.be>
  • To: <cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-be] Re: Auvibel tax and SABAM-affiliated artists
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:11:02 +0200

Hello Marcel,

not that I'm such a big supporter of SABAM.. But a band has to do something to get the money. A metalband that I used to do some managing for filled in the SABAM-papers nicely everytime they played.. It's simple, you only have to fill in which songs were played and at the end of the year.. Ping! Money! They got about 1200 euros yearly if I remember correctly..
A lot of bands think the money just automatically comes to them.. SABAM has to know how many times the music is performed or played in order to get the right amount of money to the artists..
About SABAM itself.. To my opinion things go wrong because of the decentralisation of the organisation.. Local offices each have their own ways of thinking and they mix up dossiers the whole time..

Greetz,
Ann Kermans

  • [Cc-be] Re: Auvibel tax and SABAM-affiliated artists, Ann Kermans, 04/26/2005