cc-be - [Cc-be] Re: [cc-community] Cancel authors rights organisation membership ?

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: Wouter Vanden hove <wouter.vanden.hove AT telenet.be>
  • To: cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-be] Re: [cc-community] Cancel authors rights organisation membership ?
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:45:39 +0100

Pieter Roosens wrote:
Hi,

I am a member of the Belgian Authors rights organisation for many years.
They tell me that if I want to use CC licenses for any of my musical works, I have to cancel my membership. That's because they are contractually obliged to earn the rights for me. Always and for all the songs.

They can choose freely what contract they make with their members. So this is plain nonsense. They only thing they want to achieve with this, is to heighten the barrier for adopting CC-licenses by their members.

Instead of quitting, I suggest you try to make CC-licenses a discussion-topic within the organisation.

Wouter Vanden Hove
opencursus.org
skepp.be