cc-be - Re: [Cc-be] Q1 Contract vs Licence

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: Alexandre Dulaunoy <alexandre.dulaunoy AT ael.be>
  • To: Yorick Cool <yorick.cool AT fundp.ac.be>
  • Cc: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-be] Q1 Contract vs Licence
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:35:19 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Yorick Cool wrote:

> > My mistake, I meant Eben Moglen. Sorry about that.
> > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20031214210634851
> >
> > I guess we agree that it is to a large extent an academic discussion in
> > Belgian law.
> Absolutely, even though I do side with Rosen more than Moglen even in
> american law. Moglen's agenda blurrs his analysis in my view. To each
> his own :-)

We can also say that Rosen's agenda blurs his own analysis ;-) but he
also takes the direction in the "Open Software License" to follow the
two paths being enforceable under contract law but also copyright
law.

But the usage or not of the "contract" term is not an issue in my
eyes.

--
** Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) **** http://www.foo.be/ **** 0x44E6CBCD
**/ "To disable the Internet to save EMI and Disney is the moral