cc-au - [ccAustralia] Creative Commons Catalyst Grants - up to $10,000

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jessica Coates <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: "cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "icimembers AT qut.edu.au" <icimembers AT qut.edu.au>
  • Subject: [ccAustralia] Creative Commons Catalyst Grants - up to $10,000
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:28:31 +1000

Hi all

It’s short notice, but we thought people might be interested in Creative Commons’ new Catalyst Grants program.

From the grant website:

Creative Commons is investing up to $100,000 to empower individuals and communities deeply rooted in the principles of openness and sharing. With the Catalyst Grants program, Creative Commons will seed activities around the globe that support our mission. Our goal is to scale our community's efforts and support them in becoming self-sustainable. Through a rigorous public review and transparent evaluation process, the best proposals submitted by CC affiliates and the broader community, will be selected to receive $1,000–$10,000 to make their ideas a reality.

Applicants may seek funding for activities that positively impact Creative Commons' mission of fostering creativity (cultural, educational, scientific and other content) in the commons, to promote understanding and adoption of CC's tools, licenses and technologies, and to support the building and work of communities that use or benefit from CC licenses, tools, and technologies.

For the full details of eligibility and application, as well as a list of applications already received, see the grant website: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Grants.

Applications are due next Wednesday, 30 June 2010 – but the application process isn’t overly complex, and anyone with an idea already in mind should be able to write one up in a few hours.

Jessica Coates

Project Manager

Creative Commons Clinic

  • [ccAustralia] Creative Commons Catalyst Grants - up to $10,000, Jessica Coates, 06/24/2010