cc-au - [ccAustralia] FW: The Catalyst Campaign: Help Fund CC's Catalyst Grants

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jessica Coates <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: "cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ccAustralia] FW: The Catalyst Campaign: Help Fund CC's Catalyst Grants
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:38:37 +1000

Info about donating Creative Common’s latest grant scheme.

Interestingly, the money from this scheme doesn’t benefit CC – instead it will go straight to people working in the commons. So by donating you’re giving directly to the artists, researchers, teachers, movers and shakers working to encourage openness and sharing.

Help us spread our mission.

As a supporter of Creative Commons, you recognize the importance of what we do to make knowledge easily, freely, and legally available to everyone.

We are excited to announce the Catalyst Grants program, through which we will be awarding grants of $1000 to $10,000 to researchers, educators and technologists around the world. Grant recipients will be selected through a rigorous public review and transparent evaluation process involving representatives from CC’s affiliate institutions.

Catalyst Grants will make it possible for individuals and organizations to harness the power of Creative Commons. A grant might enable a group in a developing country to research how Open Educational Resources can positively impact its community. Another could pay for a programmer to add CC license support to tools for publishing and distributing news. A third could fund a study of entrepreneurs using Creative Commons licenses to create a new class of socially responsible businesses.

But we can’t do it without your help. Our goal is to raise $100,000 from CC supporters like you to fund the Catalyst Grants. Please donate today to help spread our mission of openness and innovation across cultural and national boundaries.

Thank you,

Joi Ito
CEO, Creative Commons

Support CC

DONATE NOW

If you prefer not to receive future emails from Creative Commons, please unsubscribe by visiting this web page.

  • [ccAustralia] FW: The Catalyst Campaign: Help Fund CC's Catalyst Grants, Jessica Coates, 06/10/2010