cc-au - Re: [cc-au] Big day for Australia copyright - and CC too!

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti AT nexaima.net>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-au] Big day for Australia copyright - and CC too!
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:22:05 +0100

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 16:13:48 PM +1000, Jessica Coates (j2.coates AT qut.edu.au)
wrote:

> But lost in all this copyright excitement we have another excellent
> piece of news – the Victorian Government has just committed to using
> Creative Commons as the default licensing system for all its public
> sector information (http://
> www.diird.vic.gov.au/diird-projects/access-to-public-sector-information).

I just announced this in a grandma-friendly way at
http://stop.zona-m.net/node/90

I would take advantage of this occasion to say that if anybody has (in
any moment, there's no deadline) examples of practical consequences of
such decision, e.g. citizens actually _using_ such data to their
advantage, I would love to know about it and report it on the same
website.

Thanks again for the great information!

Marco
--
Enough with this "Free Software is communist" myth! Please!
http://stop.zona-m.net/it/node/87