cc-au - [cc-au] Pooling Ideas: Create, Explore and Win Fabulous Prizes with CCau

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jessica Coates <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: "cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com" <cc-asia-pacific AT googlegroups.com>, "cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "asia-commons AT googlegroups.com" <asia-commons AT googlegroups.com>, Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand discussion <cc-nz AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "icommons AT lists.ibiblio.org" <icommons AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "wikimediaau-l AT lists.wikimedia.org" <wikimediaau-l AT lists.wikimedia.org>
  • Subject: [cc-au] Pooling Ideas: Create, Explore and Win Fabulous Prizes with CCau
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:26:59 +1000

Calling anybody who's ever used a computer: set your creativity loose on the world of music, literature, art and video that is free to play with, remix and manipulate.

"Pooling Ideas" is an exciting competition being run by Creative Commons Australia (http://creativecommons.org.au)ABC Pool (http://www.pool.org.au) and the ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation (http://www.cci.edu.au) as part of the Ideas Festival.
It aims to get the digital artist in all of us up and running by inviting people to create their own remix works based around the theme "we are what we share".

From 2-23 March, mash up a film, tweak an artwork, remix a poem - whatever takes your fancy - then upload it to Pool (http://www.pool.org.au/poolingideas).

The winner gets an internship with ABC Radio National to co-produce an episode of The Night Air (http://www.abc.net.au/rn/nightair/default.htm), while runners up get Creative Commons packs including USBs chock full of remixable materialSelect works will be showcased at the Ideas Festival and pulled apart by our panel of experts at the 'We Are what We Share' seminar (Saturday 28th, 5-6:30pm, State Library of Queensland - http://www.ideasfestival.com.au/02_cal/details.asp?ID=86&varPeriod=1).

So get involved and let us see what you can do with CC material.

Find out more at www.pool.org.au/poolingideas.

Jessica Coates
Project Manager
Creative Commons Clinic
Queensland University of Technology

ph: 07 3138 8301
fax: 07 3138 9395
email: j2.coates AT qut.edu.au

  • [cc-au] Pooling Ideas: Create, Explore and Win Fabulous Prizes with CCau, Jessica Coates, 03/01/2009