cc-au - [cc-au] Building an Australasian Commons - thank you!

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Rachel Cobcroft" <rachel AT creativecommons.org.au>
  • To: <cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <icommons AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [cc-au] Building an Australasian Commons - thank you!
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:30:39 +1000

Greetings all,

Many thanks to all who attended CCau's Building an Australasian Commons conference + ccSalon in Brisbane last Tuesday. We are nourished by the fantastic conversations that took place over the course of the event and from seeing so many interstate and overseas supporters. There are just so many talented artists, institutions and individuals involved in the CC project both in Australia and the region that free culture is thriving!

From the welcoming address by Justice Sackville and traditional blessing by Maroochy Burambah through to our panels on CC in education and music, the case study profiles, reports from across the region, and the informative afternoon workshops, everything went remarkably well (despite a few minor issues with paint-smelling rooms!) We had a chance to discuss in depth the issues surrounding CC across a broad range of sectors, and everyone gained a detailed picture of who is doing what with the licences. Speaking of which... don't forget to let us know about your CC projects for the case studies wiki at http://wiki.creativecommons.org/casestudies!

In the evening the sights and sounds of the ccSalon kept us all enthralled - bountiful thanks to our beautiful performers Yunyu and the Terminal Quartet, the Powerhouse Museum photographers, and the animators involved in making magnificent moving images under CC.

Particular thanks to our presenting partners and sponsors - the ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation, the State Library of Queensland, the Powerhouse Museum Sydney, and the Institute for Creative Industries and Innovation - for enabling this event.

Naturally, we would also like to acknowledge all the behind-the-scenes helpers we had throughout.

If you have blogged the conference, please send us the links to your posts. We would be keen to receive your feedback!

Best wishes,

The CCau team

Rachel Cobcroft
Research Officer

part of the Creative Commons worldwide initiative

ph:  +61 (0)7 3138 9593
fax: +61 (0)7 3138 9395
http://creativecommons.org.au

Research into Creative Commons in Australia is funded by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation under the ccClinic and the CC and Open Content Licensing (OCL) Models research program. www.cci.edu.au.