cc-au - [cc-au] VIDEO SLAM 02: Appropriate Original Remix Forum 22 May

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: andrew garton <ag AT apc.org.au>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-au] VIDEO SLAM 02: Appropriate Original Remix Forum 22 May
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:10:13 +1000

Join our live Horse Bazaar audience for this years OPEN CHANNEL VIDEO SLAM: Appropriate Original Remix Forum, Thursday 22 May.

A panel of new media practitioners will discuss appropriated hybrid artworks and the laws that govern what can and can't be digitally consumed on and offline whilst being re-appropriated within a live remix.

Includes the premier screening VIDEO SLAM shorts from our two day VIDEO SLAM Creative Commons Rights Management Workshop.

Your host: Andrew Garton

Your remix VJ: John Burton

Your panellists:

- Shaun Miller - Marshalls & Dent
- Elliott Bledsoe - Creative Commons Clinic
- Shiralee Saul - Curator, Educator, Creative Media Research Journalist
- Emile Zile - Artist, http://www.emilezile.com/

When: Thursday 22 May, from 7.30pm
Where: Horse Bazaar, 397 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne
RSVP: artslaw [at] openchannel.org.au
FREE

http://openchannel.org.au/blogs/videoslam/
http://wiki.apc.org.au/index.php?title=VIDEO_SLAM_02

VIDEO SLAM is presented by OPEN CHANNEL as part of Arts Law Week 2008 in association with apc.au, Arts Access, Horse Bazaar, Creative Commons Clinic.

VIDEO SLAM is proudly supported Film Victoria and 3RRR.

Thanks to Victoria Law Foundation and Arts Victoria for funding support
of Arts Law Week 2008.

--

Andrew Garton
Digital Media Advisory, Production, Research

  • [cc-au] VIDEO SLAM 02: Appropriate Original Remix Forum 22 May, andrew garton, 05/19/2008