cc-au - Re: [cc-au] abc and CC licensing

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Elliott Bledsoe <e.bledsoe AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: "iCommons.au mailing list" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-au] abc and CC licensing
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:53:19 +1000

Title: Re: [cc-au] abc and CC licensing
sorry all. that was meant to go to tom directly. appologies for the editing errors lol

on 28/4/08 12:49 PM, "Elliott Bledsoe" <e.bledsoe AT qut.edu.au> wrote:

tom

we're talking to the ABC and they seem receptive, it's still a fair way off before they start CC licensing material. Even then, their ability to use the licences, or give others permission to apply the licences to ABC material, will depend on whether they own copyright in the show in question. In the case of a full hour documentary, it's likely they don't.

So for the time being probably best for him to stream or link to the content (as suggested by the ABC) and just apply the CC licence to other material on his site. If he needs any other advice on the licences we are, of course, here to help.

_elliott

elliott bledsoe
project officer

part of the Creative Commons worldwide initiative

+61 7 3138 9597
0433328462
elliott AT creativecommons.org.au
http://creativecommons.org.au

my cc blog: http://ccelliott.blogspot.com

Research into Creative Commons in Australia is funded by the ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation under the ccClinic and the CC and Open Content Licensing (OCL) Models research program. www.cci.edu.au