cc-au - [Cc-au] CCau on Radio National's Law Report

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jessica Coates <j2.coates AT qut.edu.au>
  • To: "cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-community AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "icommons AT lists.ibiblio.org" <icommons AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "cci AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cci AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-au] CCau on Radio National's Law Report
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:55:38 +1000

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the Law Report, a stallwart of Australia's ABC Radio National (http://www.abc.net.au/rn/), will be running a report on Creative Commons tomorrow.

The show, which airs at 8:30am AEST, will feature excerpts from a debate held at this year's Melbourne Writer's Festival, "Creative Commons or Creative Theft?", in which Cory Doctorow and yours truly duked it out with Jeremy Fisher (the Director of the Australian Society of Authors) and Sandy Grant (Publisher and Director of the Copyright Agency Limited) about the role of open content licensing in modern publishing.

The debate was lots of fun and had some great speeches (we think we won), so we definitely encourage people to catch the show tomorrow. It will also feature an interview with me on Creative Commons, what it is and how it's being implemented in Australia today.

The Radio National online stream is available at http://www.abc.net.au/rn/listen/default.htm. If you can't listen to the show live, it's replayed tomorrow night at 8pm, or can be downloaded as a podcast from the Law Report website at http://www.abc.net.au/rn/lawreport/.

Jessica Coates

Project Manager

Creative Commons Australia

PS - sorry for any cross posts

  • [Cc-au] CCau on Radio National's Law Report, Jessica Coates, 11/19/2007