cc-au - RE: Re[2]: [Cc-au] PRESS RELEASE: CC deemed inappropriate for Aus actors

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Michela Ledwidge" <michela AT thequality.com>
  • To: <cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: [Cc-au] PRESS RELEASE: CC deemed inappropriate for Aus actors
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:18:43 +1100

Hi Andrew and all,

Thanks for your written expressions of support. I really appreciate it.

I'll be interviewed on 2SER this evening around 8 and lots of blogs are
picking up the story, including a lively thread on Slashdot (though messy as
ever).
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/15/2145245&tid=155&tid=153

This is the state of play - every Aus industry body is looking to see anyone
else will formerly endorse us but no one is blinking yet - a final decision
on AFC investment funding for Sanctuary has been referred to the head of the
AFC and there are lots of discussions underway as we speak.

If we get some formal support from the industry, let alone some investment,
then the chances of us going ahead as planned here will be good. We can't
afford to tread water for much longer as we're hemorrhaging crew and the
goodwill we have from overseas to do this project in the first place. The
more people who contact the AFC and MEAA in the next 24 hours the better for
our chances of keeping the shoot here.

The AFC keep saying that they want to help and that this is the kind of
thing they should be supporting but they're not sure they can... We'll see.

Best,
.M.