cc-au - [Cc-au] update on CC

cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Damian" <damian AT ponyloaf.com.au>
  • To: cc-au AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-au] update on CC
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:07:37 -0600

Hi,

I've just subscribed to the discussion and i was wondering if I could get an
update on where CC licences for Australia are currently up to and how i might
be involved. The archives are looking pretty sparse.

I am a writer/author of musical works that is interested in using Creative
Commons licences to distribute music. In particular i am wondering if i can
use Creative Commons to reserve 'some rights' on our CD publication which
will be released in August. The idea is to allow people who buy the CD to
legally do what they will do anyway, burn the cd for their friends, rip it to
MP3 and P2P fileshare it. We are not against such activity but would also
release the CD commercially through an exclusive licence with our publishing
agent. If anyone has any advice about that scenario it would be greatly
appreciated.

cheers,
Damian Lewis

  • [Cc-au] update on CC, Damian, 06/22/2004