byte-of-python - Re: [Byte-of-Python] BoP now available as a wiki

byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion regarding the book 'A Byte of Python'

  • From: Christoph Zwerschke <cito AT online.de>
  • To: davep AT dpawson.co.uk, Discussion regarding the book 'A Byte of Python' <byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Byte-of-Python] BoP now available as a wiki
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 09:39:24 +0200

Dave Pawson wrote:
Swaroop C H wrote:
The first wiki I tried was MoinMoin and I found installing it a PITA.

Oh! The *only* wiki I built (moin moin + Apache 2) worked
out of the box, following the instructions.
Perhaps this is a case of YMMV?

Same for me with version 1.5.2. But indeed some things were not covered very well by the docs and/or they were hard to find. It might well be that you run into issues and the docs won't help you. But probably it was only a small thing, and I think basically MoinMoin is very simple. Maybe sometimes simpler than you would expect ;-)

-- Christoph