baslinux - Re: [BL] a quick inquiry

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] a quick inquiry
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 19:58:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016, Madison Winter wrote:

Anything new with baslinux? What's everyone working on these days?

Nothing new that I know of. Baslinux does not support any javascript-capable graphical browser that I know of newer than Opera 9.64 so I have switched to Puppy Linux.

I failed to compile a 2.6 kernel. The 2.4 kernels would not support SATA drives, found in newer computers.

Puppy is far too automated for my taste but works on older hardware. The Wary version worked on an 800MHz Toshiba from 2001 (newer versions could not handle the video). Pulp (puppy 4.1.2 based) will go online with 96MB RAM and Opera 12 if you update glibc.