baslinux - [BL] BL2 PS/2 mouse setup questions

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL2 PS/2 mouse setup questions
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 14:22:13 +0000 (UTC)

My 10 year old neighbor got interested in linux. I lent him my 120MHz Compaq LTE with eraser-head mouse, which I presume is PS/2.

The laptop has a whopping 80MB RAM and a 1.0GB hard drive. Desktop
quality keyboard. BL2 on this laptop boots a lot faster than anything
else on any laptop I have tried. Images and website load slowly.

When he uses the mouse in opera 9.64 it leaves a trail of black squares behind it. Is there some easy fix for this?

It works okay in graphical links2 under X. I also have an SVGAlib
links2 which I suggested he use without a mouse, which should work
faster than anything in X considering the CPU speed.

He is using links and elinks with gmail but would like to try Opera.
I offered him a serial mouse.

-------------------

I use a DELL Inspiron 8100 (1 GHz). XF86Config has only modelines for 640x480 and 800x600, but X is displaying at the native 1400x1050.

This laptop has both trackpad and eraserhead mouse. The latter is unplugged because it went bad and was causing drift. Other laptops
with dual mice work with BL2 (though NOT with puppy linux).

Protocol "PS/2"
Device "/dev/psaux"
(instead of Microsoft and /dev/mouse)

The trackpad does not work in BL2 (in X). It works fine in Puppy Linux.

Where did I go wrong? I did not put BL3 on this laptop. Circa 2001.

Sindi Keesan

  • [BL] BL2 PS/2 mouse setup questions, sindi keesan, 07/01/2015