baslinux - Re: [BL] search engines for BL

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] search engines for BL
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 22:32:34 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 02:53:03 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

> Doug Kaufman is the one who helped me compile lynx for BL.

Yes, I know.

> Do you prefer any one of these DOS browsers?

I use all of them, except Doslynx, for specific purposes. But Arachne
is what I use most of the time. And I have only just started to test
Doslynx.

Lynx, Links and Elinks are good for SSL. Links -g and Dillo are
graphical. Lynx is super-fast. Links and Elinks can download several
files in background while still surfing, and can resume broken
downloads.

But Arachne is more versatile.

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 7, 8, 95, 98 or 2000.