baslinux - Re: [BL] Po (actualy mostly for Sindi this post)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Po (actualy mostly for Sindi this post)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:03:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011, mikkel meinike wrote:

hey sindi
A guy asked me about the SVGAlib paint program I once wrote a little
tutorial on.

http://home.no/mlinux/tour.htm

Po is the name of it. I remember you came around the tutorial and
commented on it. Well, it looks like to program is no longer available
online. Do you have it on a hard drive?

Mikkel

I don't have it on hard drive so searched on 'svgalib paint program +po

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/apps/graphics/draw/!INDEX.html
(also at sunsite.unc.edu and other mirrors)

Now also at
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/po-0.11.tgz

Unfortunately, most LCD monitors do not display SVGAlib properly (especially not if you use framebuffer video mode - I have one laptop that will do SVGAlib in VGA mode). I have been using laptops to reduce energy consumption from April to November (20 watts instead of several times that even with LCD monitor).

I compiled one framebuffer VGA viewer (fbjpeg - in an FB package at my site) to replace zgv, and will eventually try again to compile a framebuffer PDF viewer to replace the svgalib one svp.