baslinux - Re: [BL] cpu speed test

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] cpu speed test
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 13:43:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Ultimate Boot CD has a CPU benchmark test, probably from about 10 years ago, since the list of typical results goes up through 1.0GHz. The 2.4GHz Celeron scored about 14,000 as opposed to 7000 for a 1GHz.

There is also a much more comprehensive test under motherboard tools, which includes memory and hard disk, and compares actual tested speeds of the cpu in that board with things like 2.4GHz Celeron. My mobile cpu tested out only about 70% of rated speed.

We fixed a 2009 laptop (replaced cracked screen, deleted 15GB of highly fragmented restore files that had slowed it to a crawl) but since it has an SATA hard drive it won't work with BL, which gets confused and does not boot in the presence of SATA, unless I unplug that drive and boot from USB hard drive. Ditto for a 2007 laptop that only needed the case and lamp connecting wire rebuilt. I will work on a newer kernel.

Sindi

  • Re: [BL] cpu speed test, baslinux, 01/08/2011