baslinux - [BL] youtube with BL2

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] youtube with BL2
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 03:12:02 +0000 (UTC)

Flash 9 and 10 don't work with Slackware 11 libraries.

I found a discussion of shell scripts for converting downloaded youtube videos to flv and mpg with ffmpeg (which I will try to compile) and viewing the mplayer. Python, perl, zsh, bash scripts.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/download-and-watch-youtube-videos-from-shell-prompt.html
(the actual hit ended in #comment-145731).

See the link to a johnlawrence bash script.
I can't follow if this one needs help from Mozilla (with maybe flash plugin).

Simpler than using a website to download and convert them for you.

Steven, can you get any of these working with BL? Do we have any swf to other format convertors?

Sindi Keesan