baslinux - Re: [BL] Midori 2.2.92 static no SSL from Puppy Linux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Midori 2.2.92 static no SSL from Puppy Linux
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:41:30 +0000 (UTC)

I cannot find libgio (GNOME input/output library written in C) at linuxpackages.net or anywhere else, or even the source code for it. The Puppy Linux version probably needs a newer glibc than SW11.

Steven, can you help with this? I would like to make a package of the Midori dependencies and whatever else is needed by Seamonkey 2, Firefox 3, and other GTK2 browsers.

The others total 8MB, and apart from libsqlite3 (which I compiled a while back), are in packages elflibs, gtk+2, atk pango cairo freetype fontconfig and libxml2. The gtk2 solib is 3MB. (gtk1 solib is 1.3MB). Midori is 2.5MB. Any computer fast enough to run gtk1 programs will probably have enough memory for gtk2 unless libgtk expands somehow when in memory.
Puppy Linux seems to run GTK2 Seamonkey okay at 200MHz (with enough RAM).

Sindi

I think I would need to compile gtk2 to get glib.
gtk 1.2.10 source code is a 2.7MB tar.gz 2002
gtk 2.20 (latest stable) 27MB tar.gz (or 18MB bz2)
One order of magnitude larger.

To compile gtk, you also need the source code for
pango (1.4MB bz2) and Glib (5MB bz2)

I will wait for broadband. 26MB download at up to 80K/sec (4.8MB/min)
is only 5 minutes.

BL2 is now 8 years out of date regarding gtk.