baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling with upgraded BL3 was Re: CNet NIC problems
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 08:29:47 +0100

I am now able to compile a kernel. I reinstalled the packages you
listed (gcc*2.95.3*.tgz, binutils*.tgz, make*.tgz,
kernel-headers*.tgz, and glibc* make-3.79.1*tgz), and it worked - I
must have done something wrong the first time around... Also, I needed
findutils from SW 9.

> Apparently something else is missing here.  Some quick web research
> suggests you might need something related to nat, whatever that is.
> Or you have inserted ipchains and then also ip_tables and you cannot have
> both at once.

NAT is like the big brother of masquerading.

I tried deleting all ipchains-files except those in the install
directory... Is there anything else I should do to make sure it's
uninstalled?

I have compiled the 2.4 kernel, but can't boot from it - when lilo
finishes, the screen goes blank and the computer reboots, no errors or
anything. I guess I've configured something wrong, could I by chance
have the .config file you used, and then work from that?