baslinux - Re: [BL] Could someone please...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Could someone please...
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 01:47:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009, sindi wrote:

There are plenty more up to date distros for old computers that are
new enough to have USB. Why make BL into another one of those?

The two I have tried don't work on half my laptops, even 400MHz.
I had one laptop with USB and 16MB memory. DSL wants 64MB, Puppy 128MB.
Puppy crawls at 300MHz. BL zooms. It is for the thinking person who is willing to learn to modify things.

BL is ideal for very old computers, most without USB. I see no reason
to change it's focus.

BL works fine with USB if you use 2.4 kernel and modules.
Steven even went to the trouble of getting Firefox working (which requires a lot more memory than most or all of his laptops have).