baslinux - Re: [BL] CNet NIC problems

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CNet NIC problems
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 01:32:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Awesome, it now works =) Thanks a lot for the help! I didn't realize
you had to use the same compiler version... I guess I'll be getting
gcc 2.95.3! Again, thank you so much for your help. I don't know if
I'd be able to figure it out by myself.

To compile modules you also need to have the kernel source code on your computer. r1869 only works with kernel 2.4.20 or later.

I think I upgraded to glibc and gcc and associated compiling packages all from Slackware 8.1. See the BL archives for a list of what you need.

I downloaded the kernel code from the internet. There is now a 2.4.33.
My modules might work with it if you insmod -f (force insertion).

I am delighted you got both cards working. How fast can you download kernel source code with the gigabit card?

The fastest download I have achieved (via a friend's comcast account) is about 1/2 MB/sec. Why do you want to use such a fast NIC?