baslinux - [BL] making bootable qemu image files

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] making bootable qemu image files
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 03:07:15 +0000

I am attempting to make qemu bootable image files like bl3-4qemu and
bl3-5qemu. I have used qemu-img to create the image file. I then run qemu
with the input DSN as -cdrom, the image file as -hda, -boot d. Going thru
the BL archives I see references to having to then copy the contents of the
-cdrom to the -hda. Is this correct? Will this work with both Windows qemu
and Linux qemu? One of the linux systems I would like to do this on is BL
2.1 so that I can try to install some of the things Sindi has for 2.1. I
attempted to email James Miller directly but his email address comes back as
invalid. I also tried to email David Moberg. If the local phone co. ever
makes it possible for me to have DSL where I live I will dump windows
altogether and just use Linux. Thanks.