baslinux - Re: [BL] changing the keyboard configuration

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] changing the keyboard configuration
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 18:10:17 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi Keesan wrote:

I have just installed BL3.50 on an old p133Mhz, 16 Mb RAM, 1Gb hard drive. For now, everything is ok, the cdrom is recognized and fully working. But i would like to change the keyboard configuration to the spanish one, i have the file es.map but i don?t Know how to install it as default keyboard and where to copy it. Also i have to say i am a newbie in linux, so i would be very grateful if someone could give me a step by step explanation.

links, BL3.50 website, Support, Archives, search on 'keyboard spanish'.
I got 7 hits from May 2004 to March 2005, with mention of es.map.

Other people have used Spanish and French and German keyboards with basiclinux, so also search on 'change keyboards'. I don't know if the method is different for console and X keyboards like it is for fonts.

See for Spanish (among other hits):

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2005-March/006818.html
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2004-December/006078.html

You probably need kbd.tgz Slackware package, which comes with instructions. You can also change the console screen font

Thanks in advance, Clara

Welcome to basiclinux, Clara. I think you are the only other woman in the group besides me, in nearly 10 years!

Please try to set your mail program to send plain text WITHOUT a second copy of the message in HTML format. You probably don't see both copies, but some programs display the HTML and it wastes space in mailboxes and adds nothing useful. Look under preferences, options, etc. Most 'modern' mail programs are idiotic and send HTML by default.

Sindi (Cynthia)