baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.5 disk 1 clones XP

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.5 disk 1 clones XP
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 18:26:29 +0000 (UTC)

My partner is trying to use Mac software to make a restore CD but
it won't fit on CD and he has no DVD burner.

Can dd in BL be used to clone Mac drives?

I presume you would copy to a partition of the same size then also copy the boot sector. But his original partition is larger than what he wants to copy to, and PQMagic won't shrink Mac (BSD?) partitions.

I suggested installing to a smaller drive to start with.

Sindi Keesan

  • Re: [BL] BL3.5 disk 1 clones XP, baslinux, 02/01/2009