baslinux - Re: [BL] Promise UDMA controller not working with BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Promise UDMA controller not working with BL
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 17:33:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 03:25:03 +0000 (UTC), baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Someone (Ron?) not too long ago asked for help using a Promise IDE
controller card (which adds two more IDE controllers).

Nope, not me. Everything (hardware) I have is working just fine with
BL.

It was some other long-time list member then. I had implied my kernel would work with Promise controller but was wrong.

DSL 4.3 DOES recognize and mount the partitions on hde but it uses grub - where does grub hide its kernel? This is a live CD with 2.4.31 kernel.
I may try Slackware 10.1 kernel but my modules probably won't work with it if it was compiled with a different gcc. It supports new and old Promise controllers - mine does only new ones, whatever that means.