baslinux - Re: [BL] gateway between two laptops

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] gateway between two laptops
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:50:58

On 25 Aug 08 at 5:17, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
wrote:

>> I will study ipchains documentation and do some more tests in the
>> next days.
>
>Does ipchains act as a software firewall?
>Please explain what is actually happening.

Now, that everything works (I have just succeeded to go online
with DOS from the client machine), I am much less eager to study
ipchains, iptables or anything else. I totally rely on the "magic"
commandline provided by Steven.

It is hard enough to get the PCMCIA ports on the old laptops running
with the ethernet and wifi cards. After days searching for drivers
I think it could be useful to post not only modules for 2.2.26 and
2.4.31 kernels, but also DOS packet drivers for LAN networking. There
may be licensce problems, though. There also some good lists of
supported cards with links to download sites, whereas DOS drivers
are quite difficult to find. I will see whether I can put something
in that direction to http://www.volny.cz/cce.

Thanks four your guidance, Sindi,

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov