baslinux - Re: [BL] photo manager for BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] photo manager for BL
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:03:16 +0000 (UTC)

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

I don't want KDE or GNOME or WINE or java.
Does Gtk imply GNOME?

No. For example, the BL3 Sylpheed package uses GTK.

Gtk was original part of GIMP (GIMP toolkit) but is now a separate entity.
To compile it you need:
GTK+ 23MB tar.gz (4 hour download)
Glib 6MB
Pango 2MB

Must I actually compile Gtk before compiling the photo manager that uses it, or just have the three above source code packages on my computer?

Lphoto and ImgSeek photo managers require python and qt.

Slackware 4 has python (half the size of perl) and qt 1.45 packages.

Would I need more than the qt library itself (2MB)?