baslinux - [BL] retaining files after installing BL from the DOS version

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] retaining files after installing BL from the DOS version
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:12:22 -0700 (PDT)

My question is about exactly what gets
installed when install is done from the
DOS version of BL.

If i keep running it from DOS for awhile,
adding other files of my own, and then do
the install later, are my own files put
into the installed BL too, or is the installed
version always just the minimal file system?

My particular question is not really so
much about data files, but more about
addons. If, say, i download and install
the Tiny-C compiler into the DOS version
of BL, will i still have Tiny-C later when
i do the BL install?

I have the DOS version of BL running now
on the ThinkPad, but don't have enough space
on the hard-drive to make the new partitions
to install BL. I have to pick thru the Windows
files to see what i can delete, then do the
install when i have more space.

-monz