baslinux - [BL] Installing on HD

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "Basic Linux" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Fabio Maran <f-maran AT hotmail.com>
  • Subject: [BL] Installing on HD
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:44:08 -0300

Thank you fellows for your attention.

I've got to put BL3 on HD.

I have a 486dx4/100 with 16mb ram, 1mb video, monochrome monitor (640x480)
and BL3 DOS version,

and a Pentium 200 mmx with 48mb ram, 1mb video, color monitor (800x600) and
BL3 Floppy version.

My friend Maran has a Pentium II 300 with 32mb, 1mb video, color monitor
(800x600) also with Floppy version.

So, "memory" is not a problem by now. However, your comments are very
important for us.

Maran and me are starting together to play with BL3, but he lives on a city
very far from here ( let's say about 400km away ) and he doesn't understand
English, so we have to email each other each step.

Now we need your help to advise us about what should we do from now:

Upgrade the libraries?

Replace XVesa?

Install the add-ons?

What should come first?

What are the primary steps to do it?

( Since I know nothing about Linux, then I ask a lot. Forgive me for
that! )

Thanks again,
Teixeira