baslinux - [BL] Attempt to run Firefox 3 on BasicLinux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Attempt to run Firefox 3 on BasicLinux
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 06:08:15 +1300

Hi guys. This is my attempt to run Firefox 3 on BasicLinux. Now, there are
several things that I'd like to point out:
Firefox used to complain about missing libraries, but now doesn't. This is
because (as you can see above "cd firefox/") I have installed all of the
required ones (according to packages.ubuntu.com).
Now, something that may seem strange is the "FATAL: kernel too old" error. A
uname shows that the kernel is 2.2.26, which is above 2.2.14, but the Mozilla
page claims that "these requirements are not final and are subject to change
pending review".
I previously recommended Opera 9.25, and I still do. Is anyone aware of a
way to upgrade the kernel in order to run Firefox in BasicLinux?

Go BasicLinux!