baslinux - Re: [BL] classical radio playlist

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] classical radio playlist
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:45:09 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 00:18:00 +0000 (UTC), baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>>> http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/classrad.tgz

>>> For any linux with either mplayer or mpg123, to listen to online radio
>>> broadcasts in mp3 format.

>> Couldn't get any of the executables to execute. :(
>> At least, not in BL2.

> I use them all in BL2.
> Do you have mplayer from David Moberg?

Yes.

> mpg123 from Slackware?

Yes.

> Did you load the sound drivers first? (I sometimes forget).

Yes.

> Were you online?

Yes.

> I read that some webcasts are not accessible outside the country. Did you
> try the Australian one?

Yes.

I just got the error message to the effect: Cannot execute

And I did check they _were_ executable, and made them so AGAIN.

I can use mplayer to deal with the ectual broadcasts, it was just the
collection of scripts from your archive that would not run.

Anybody else get them to run ?

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke