baslinux - Re: [BL] CGI in BL 3.50?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CGI in BL 3.50?
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:38:31 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Mikael Bonnier wrote:

> I have experimented with httpd but I can't get
> CGI-programs to work. Is CGI supported in BL 3.50
> that has BusyBox v1.01?

The httpd in BL3 is a tiny httpd. It happily serves
webpages and files, but beyond that it's pretty dumb.
AFAIK it does not do CGI.

There are other httpd options for BL3. There's an old
httpd package for BL1 (still available at BL1 site)
that should work with BL3. I don't remember the details
of that httpd, but I'm pretty sure it was more capable
than the one in BL3.

I think there's a third version of httpd that Sindi and others
have been using on BasicLinux. The following thread might help:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2005-March/007079.html