baslinux - Re: [BL] busybox 1.3.2 ftpput broken; other file transfer methods

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] busybox 1.3.2 ftpput broken; other file transfer methods
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:20:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Sindi wrote:

need to give a command, wait a few seconds, then give my password. The
--help is cryptic and -p was not for password. Does standard scp let you
specify password?

It appears you cannot specify a password using standard scp. The -p option is for preserving file information (e.g., modification time). You can use ssh and, I believe, scp, "passwordless" by recording the public key of the computers you're connecting to/from in some config file(s). I read some instructions about how to do this, but do not recall particulars. I've not tried it myself. I believe I read about this at a Polish Linux site (directions were in English). Google will turn up the information for you if you wanna try this approach.

James