baslinux - Re: [BL] Tiny C compiler and Gnu C compiler ported to Basic Linux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tiny C compiler and Gnu C compiler ported to Basic Linux
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 01:47:00 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

First I converted GCC from MuLinux to Basic Linux, and set up
development environment to compile tiny c compiler. After two days work,
tcc works and

What version of GCC is this based on? What have you compiled with it?

now it is in a form of package. Size of tcc package is 67 kilobytes.
Also, I ported upx executable compressor, and reduced installed size of
hard disk version of basoc Linux for almost megabyte without deleting
any file, and still works with 4M RAM (at least under QEMU). Soon I will
port nasm assembler, p2c and f2c, convertors from pascal and c

I compiled nasm against uclibc, because it would not compile with gcc 2.95.3 in Basiclinux 2, in order to compile asmutils (which I have not found a use for) and also upx. I posted nasm but not upx at my site. upx packs and unpacks executables to occupy less space and claims to produce smaller files than zip files and to take very little time and memory to unpack and repack them. Have you tried using upx to fit more files into the 2-floppy BL3? I would like to have more modules on there, including vfat (so I can look at files in FAT32 directories in DOS).

You can post your programs at your own site and have it listed at the BL home page under Miscellaneous BL Files and Information (which is contributions from other users). There are some very interesting programs at these sites including a small mplayer.

Dobrodosao u nasu grupu! Zivela sam nekoliko godina i bivsoj SFRJ.

Sindi

Where to send tcc package?

Samir Ribic
Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina