baslinux - Re: [BL] HELP!!! busybox fdisk and linux extended

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HELP!!! busybox fdisk and linux extended
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:58:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hello
I had almost exactly the same problem.
I modified the partition of a 60GB Disk and the
partition table trashed.
Fortunately I had the DiLinux Install image in one of
my CDs, which includes a tool that helps you rebuild
your partition table, (I dont remember the name of
this tool right now, but I will check)
it helps to know the geometry of the disk: cylinders
or
tracks, number of sectors, sectors per track.
Also it is very helpful to remember approximately how
the disk was partitioned for instance
the first partition hda1 was about 8GB with NTFS
the second partition hda2 was about 6GB with ext2fs
etc.
>From this the tool will search a signature of known
filesystems through a range of sectors.
Please indicate your Email, so I can attach the binary
directly to you.
Bye!
-HHMM
hh_mm AT yahoo.com