baslinux - Re: [BL] sound recording.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] sound recording.
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:04:48 +0000 (UTC)

Now I got the sound
coming out of the laptop speaker I thought it would definitely work to
record the incoming sound with

rec hello.wav

But it would not. The file was made but there is noting on it. No
sound. I have tested that I am able to play other wav files but
hello.wav is soundless. I´d like to try David's (god to hear from you
aging David)

make sure line-in is set to record and not just play... (press
spacebar when over the 'line-in' mixer setting)

Are we talking about aumix? Christof included aumix in his sound package but without instructions.

I just compiled it without gtk (no X) and without ncurses (no colored screen to move things around on). You can have a config file to save settings. 10K stripped binary for glibc 2.2.5 and another 10K of man page converted to html.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/aumix-2.8-glibc225-cli.tgz

Christof's aumix 2.7 libc5 version is 82025 and requires ncurses.
I stripped it to 24K.