baslinux - Re: [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc.
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:38:24 +0000 (UTC)

Antiword file.doc > file.txt produces a text file containing [pic] four
times. catdoc produces a file with 'INCLUDEPICTURE', the first of the
URLs still in quotes, and then two lines of ?????.

Pine here at sdf uses urlview.

urlview file.doc displays a list of only two of the four links, which I used to download those two jpegs to my sdf account. They are 20K each, much smaller than the .doc file.

urlview file.doc > file.txt produced a core dump. urlview file.doc | pico said no URLs were found. The man page did not suggest how to save output.
There are still two other links to extract. Manually.

How would I puzzle out what MS program created this garbage?