baslinux - Re: [BL] long filenames 29

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] long filenames 29
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:35:39 +1030

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 12:23:20 +1300, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

>> it is a nuisance to have to quit mc and open links

> Who recommended that you use mc?

Does that matter? Perhaps it was the person who included it in
the BL3 Add-ons page -- isn't that some kind of recommendation?

Someone mentioned how handy it was for viewing directories,
moving stuff around and so on, and it is!

>> just to get to the file so I can view it with links.

> You sure like to complain.

And some people like to complain that I should be using links as
my only method of viewing HTML files.

I was just commenting that the suggestion of viewing HTML files
with links when I've been browsing with mc is not really
practical.

> BTW, did the assistance
> I gave you regarding long filenames work? If so, a
> "thank you" would be nice.

You should have received my reply by now. Sometimes it works, sometimes
it doesn't.

But thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

Although mentioning at the outset that insmod vfat would be best
written into /etc/rc might have saved a lot of back and forth
messages. That's not a complaint, just an observation...

Be that as it may, it works now, kind of.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v