baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 09:31:17 +1030

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 04:03:04 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

> I once counted keystrokes needed to use an HTML editor versus a text
> editor. You can guess which won.

I once downloaded an HTML editor, but I never bothered trying to learn
how to use it.

Have you ever counted the bytes in the output of one of these editors
versus bare bones HTML from a text editor?

> I also use DOS, for wordprocessing, a database program, and to print mail
> from my shell account, and for CAD. THe linux programs are too new and
> therefore too big and bulky.

>> But No, I will not be totally abandoning DOS.
> Another reason to choose BL and use loadlin.

Yes, ma'am!

> We use a power strip. WIth an AT power supply you can plug things into
> the computer but not with ATX.

That's what I'm doing with the DOS/BL computer. With the Win comp, it is
powered from one of those strips plugged into the wall outlet.

>> But the switch on the wall outlet does the job on my Win
>> computer, and also controls the scanner/printer and the monitor
>> for that comp.
> If you want them all to come on at once.

I want the monitor, of course.

And it is too complicated to arrange a second switched outlet for the
printer/scanner.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v