baslinux - Re: [BL] Configure printcap etc. for an Epson Stylus

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Configure printcap etc. for an Epson Stylus
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:13:44 +0000 (UTC)

I have a DOS version of Ghostscript 8.30. I can ask permission for you to
use it.

I have the most up-to-date Ghostscript for DOS, it comes as a plug-in (APM
file) for Arachne.

You have version 7.05, you said. I have 8.30, which will let you view at various resolutions, and which reads pdf 1.5, and 7 does not. I checked and Arachne plugin is 7.05. I would have to ask permission from the compiler for you to participate in testing 8.30 for DOS. It did not work with Hercules Mono (I was sent that version too). It is rather slow.

Beware of used laser paper feeders and jams unless you are very handy.

This one has been completely reconditioned and has a new paper-feeder
installed a few months ago.

It is probably worth whatever that cost to avoid the problem. The
new parts are reformulated and should last much longer.

It is being offered to me for Aus$ 250.00, about US $188.

Worth not having to recondition it yourself.

Regards,
Ron