baslinux - Re: [BL] gphoto2 binary for BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] gphoto2 binary for BL3
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:09:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, David Moberg wrote:

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Found my camera.

3) Plug in and turn on your camera.

I had to select "PC Connect" from my camera's onscreen menu.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. On USB cameras the camera detects
whether a PC is attached to the other side of the cable and, if so,
automatically starts waiting for commands. I suppose it is harder for
serial cameras to do that. I will tell potential users to check for
such a "PC Connect" option and select it, if necessary.

Our mass-storage Argus (or maybe it was the HP) USB camera does not automatically detect anything and has to be set to the picture of a monitor.