baslinux - Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:46:06 -0700

keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

> (The last one contains some other info - scroll down to see the
> relevant ltmodem on BL2 details.)
>
> The postings may be difficult to understand because I used both BL3
> and BL2. Let me know if anything needs clarification.

How difficult would it be to compile the modules for 2.4.31, which I have
been using most of the time on my desktop computers?

The website (heby.de/ltmodem) says that it only works with up to Linux
version 2.4.20. I built it with a 2.6 kernel once, but I'm not sure
how hard it would be. The source code is less than a megabyte, so it
shouldn't be too hard to download and try the little build script.

(Maybe you can do it?)

OK, but it might not insert in your custom kernels.

I can exit and then Shift-PgUp to see what happened too.

My scrollback buffer disappears when I switch terminals. What console
video driver are you using?

> It thinks that either your XF86Config or rgb.txt have errors.

756 being the line number? X loads anyway. Maybe I won't get
PalePetalPink or some such thing. Can I ignore this?

Yes.

>> James' cmiller link is to sdf, not to a BL3 page.
>
> If you see the SDF page, I think that means his bandwidth usage limit
> has been exceeded. You can access his page from archive.org or (I
> think) Google's cache.

His site is working again. As far as I can tell, everything he is
hosting is available elsewhere. I should attempt a better mirror of
it.

David