baslinux - Re: [BL] slow upload speed, was Re: multiple systems (among other things) -- was Re: interesting info for those with trident cards (possibly applies to others)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] slow upload speed, was Re: multiple systems (among other things) -- was Re: interesting info for those with trident cards (possibly applies to others)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:47:47 +0000 (UTC)

How do you dial a bbs without a terminal program, echo atdt1234567 >
/dev/ttyS1, etc.?

'echo -e "ATZ\r ATDT555-5555\r" > /dev/ttyS0' (or S1... wherever your modem
is)

this will (should) reset the modem then tell it to dial.... your guess
is as good as mine as to what the port speed will be set at tho...
(probably 38400)

Adding AT&N16\r before the phone number might set it to 33.6Kbps. (My
manual is for a 28.8k modem). Can I combine AT&F1&N16\r ? But the bbs
runs at 14.4K anyway.

Kermit only asks you to set line and set speed and provide phone number
(but you can also write a script to log in).

Will try this soon. Smaller than microcom.

Did not work. Nothing happened, got another prompt.
I tried adding ATH0/r and ATH1/r and still nothing happened.