baslinux - [BL] can't installpkg

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] can't installpkg
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 01:20:31 +0000 (UTC)

I am trying to compile fbutils so I can use fbset to change resolutions in framebuffer mode. David provided fbset but not the modes file. Make depend says I need bison.

I had to install the Slackware full gzip in order to be able to installpkg curl and openssl-solibs, but I could see an error message about gzip not recognizing an option -l. (It also complained about expr: syntax error, twice, even with busybox 101 expr, but installed). I did this just now, and both packages installed okay. They are for SW81, from linuxpackages.

Bison won't install, no error message. /var/log/packages lists the introductory paragraph, then FILE LIST:

Nothing follows, no files. I can look inside the package (on my CD) and it contains files. tar -ztfv bison.tgz. The file is the same length at planetmirror as on my CD. I downloaded it and got the same results
and the same md5sum.

I unpacked the package with tar and copied 'bison' to /usr/bin and bison.simple to /usr/share/bison.simple. 'Make depend' now wants flex, which won't installpkg either.

installpkg script utilizes gzip, and the SW71 gzip ought to work with it. I have BL3 busybox (in BL2) and then the busybox 1.01 programs last on my path. I replaced BL2 busybox with BL3 busybox, both in /bin/busybox. (I can't easily switch them right now as a test).

What might I have broken and if I did, why do the non-SW71 packages install but the two SW71 package do not?

I can always uncompress on / and run doinstall.sh, but something needs to be fixed here.

  • [BL] can't installpkg, sindi keesan, 12/31/2005